Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mono Red Goblin Stompy

So I finally got to run Mono Red Goblin Stompy in a couple of tournaments (16 man and a 25 man) that I talked about here.

The deck ran pretty well in the 16 man tournament and I ended up 3-1.

The wheels fell off in the 25 man tournament and I went 2-3. I had a few close games and most of the rounds went to 3 games so my unfamiliarity with the deck may have caught up with me.

The only card I really want to change is Krenko, Mob Boss. I feel like he may be better as an second Murderous redcap, an Imperial Recruiter or the 4th Trinisphere. Reducing your mana cost would be nice or just having another CIP effect would also be good.

Lands
4 x Ancient Tomb
4 x Cavern of Souls
4 x City of Traitors
8 x Mountain
 
Creatures
1 x Goblin Piledriver
4 x Goblin Rabblemaster
1 x Goblin Settler
1 x Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
1 x Krenko, Mob Boss
4 x Magus of the Moon
4 x Moggcatcher
1 x Murderous Redcap
2 x Siege-Gang Commander
4 x Simian Spirit Guide
1 x Tuktuk Scrapper
 
Noncreature Spells
4 x Blood Moon
4 x Chalice of the Void
3 x Chrome Mox
3 x Trinisphere
2 x Umezawa's Jitte
 
Sideboard
1 x Boartusk Liege
1 x Dismember
1 x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
3 x Ensnaring Bridge
1 x Goblin Sharpshooter
2 x Koth of the Hammer
3 x Leyline of the Void
1 x Stingscourger
2 x Sulfur Elemental

-Cheers-

No comments:

Post a Comment