Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Top Magic: the Gathering Stores & Marketplaces

In a similar vein as I set out to list all the top Magic content providers I wanted to do the same thing for Magic stores. Although, this is a larger and trickier task, I think that it is similarly valuable.

Stores

ABU
Bidwicket
Channel Fireball
MTG Fanatic
Star City Games
Strike Zone Online
TCG Player
Troll and Toad

A lot of stores fall under Bidwicket and TCGPlayer. If the store is a big one like Channelfireball I have listed it separately but I am not going to list out all the other smaller stores that fall under Bidwicket and TCGPlayer. Needless to say if the store is on Bidwicket or TCGPlayer that should give you some level of protection. Though if you care about the condition of cards I have found that some of the 'mom and pop' stores have some really questionable grading criteria, so keep that in mind.

Other Resources

eBay
magic traders (MOTL)
Facebook

The one that got away

magiccardmarket

Perhaps the most interesting card selection is one that is blocked for non-EU users. Magic Card Market has a huge selection of Magic cards in all sorts of languages and is a pretty great marketplace for picking up some of the more random Magic cards from.

There are stores popping up daily so I will have missed loads of random local stores (unless they are using Bidwicket or TCGPlayer) but if there are any that are truly worth adding here then please let me know.

Cheers,
Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment