Monday, July 28, 2014

Magic the Collectible Gathering

I think that the player part of Magic players sometimes forgets about the collectible aspect of the game and I wanted to share a few of the high end collectible items that I have come across recently. I often come across interesting cards while I am hunting for miscuts and misprints (my personal collection passion) so I will from time to time try and share some interesting cards with you guys.

First -

Sale Link.

I think I can safely say that this is the most expensive Wooden Sphere out there. The first thing to note is that this is a 10, 10, 10 & 10 (take a quick look at the picture again). There are not very many cards in Magic history that get those grades let alone from the very first Magic set. What you are paying for here is to have the only Quad 10 graded card from Alpha. Though $3555 (+$6 shipping) does seem like an expensive way to get that. Shipping seems quite cheap though, I feel like I would want to pay at least a little more to make sure this card does arrive. To put into perspective just how rare a quad 10 graded card is we have to look at the list of cards with that grade from ALL of Magic - 1 Alpha card, 1 Antiquities card, 1 Revised card, 1 Mirage card, 1 Champions card and 1 Zendikar basic that are graded straight 10s. That is not many cards from throughout the history of Magic.

Second -




Sale Link.

This one is an interesting oddity, the front is a Pokémon card (in German) and the back is a Magic back. The story that I have heard about these says that there are only 9 of these cards in existence. As you can see from the picture it also has square corners.

-Cheers-

No comments:

Post a Comment